5 Reasons to Hire a Mold Remediation Professional in Atlanta, GA
How do you know when to call a mold remediation professional? If you’ve discovered mold in your home in Atlanta, Georgia, you may wonder if you can tackle the job of getting rid of it yourself. Below are a few reasons why that may not be such a good idea, and when professional mold and water removal is recommended to make your home healthy and safe for you and your family.
- You must remove the food source – Mold needs three things to grow and thrive: moisture, food, and optimum temperatures, and this means that just removing mold will not prevent it from growing back if you don’t completely remove the moisture that is promoting mold growth.
- Mold can be more than just surface deep – Oftentimes the mold that you see on the surface is part of a larger mold colony growing underneath surface areas of your home, and you could have a large, unseen mold problem in between your walls, under your floors, or in other areas of your home.
- Mold removal can be hazardous work – The effects of mold can be scary, ranging from allergic reactions to fungal lung infections.
- Special equipment and protective apparel is recommended – When removing mold, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends wearing a jumpsuit, goggles, and a face mask to prevent breathing in mold spores. Additionally, special equipment is necessary to prevent mold from spreading to other areas of your house during the removal process.
- Doing it yourself offers no guarantees – Most reputable companies offer guarantees after they perform a mold remediation job, ensuring that your home is safe and free from mold. Of course, that doesn’t mean that mold will never reappear, but it does give you the peace of mind that your home is safe from the current mold situation.
For safe and effective mold remediation services, turn to the professionals at FloodX, the trusted source for water damage and mold removal services in Atlanta, Georgia, and surrounding areas since 1996.Google+